Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coffee, coffee, coffee, tea!

Two posts in one day... say it ain't so.

My newest hangout is Issaquah Coffee in Gilman Villiage. It occupies the same space as Grimaldi's, and before that Mountain Tea Company (or something like that.) It's in the Juniper Street side of Gilman Villiage.  Lots of parking (unless you come during toddler music classes.) 

Ryan has made some subtle changes to the place, better lighting, a dedicated kid's area, a really cool fireplace.  He's a bit of a clean freak, so sometimes there's a slight whiff of cleaner, but better than some other things.I can't wait until Summer, when I hope he opens up the deck.

They are obviously trying new things to bring in folks. Today, I was late for the Wednesday Happy Hour (Wed 7 am. to 9 a.m. $1 lattes), but saw the most delish looking breakfast sandwich go by.  Every time I go in there is something new to try and the place is getting busier and busier.  Luckily, the baristas are fast and make great lattes. Did I mention that they make their own chocolate and caramel sauces! Ooh la la!

I haven't made it to Open Mike or one of the music performances, but I keep putting them on my calendar.  Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment