Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Top 9 Ways To Know You Live East of the Eastside

  1. The Space Needle is not on the horizon.
  2. No ferries. The Argosy Cruiseships do not count.
  3. None of your cool friends live anywhere nearby and they are afraid to cross the bridges after dark. (They do know that the bridges have lights right?)
  4. The mountains are getting closer.
  5. Going downtown actually means Bellevue.
  6. You can get from I-520 to I-90 without getting on to I-5 or I-405.
  7. You know how to get on I-405 from I-90 going East.
  8. You know how to get to Factoria Mall from both I-90 and I-405.
  9. You don't even try to go out after 10 p.m. on a weeknight.

3 comments:

  1. 9)(add'l)'Cause there's no point (Denny's and IHOP don't count)

    10) Three words "Tolt Hill Road"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5: Wait, downtown isn't bellevue? ;)
    6: No sweat, Bellevue Way.
    8: Richards Rd & Factoria Blvd.
    10 (from comments): meh, when it's open.

    I would probably add:

    11: When King County is both the location & the government.

    Damn, apparently I AM east of the east side.

    ReplyDelete